I started to get interested in data science when I finished one of my first MOOC courses, Data Analysis and Statistical Inference. It is a great course, which introduced me to statistics and R, the programming language for data science. Since then, I haven’t stopped. I continued with Data Science specialization on Coursera and The Analytics Edge on Edx, both inspired me and eventually lead me to the world of machine learning. I was so amazed that I, as a chemist, decided to change my career path and start over as a data scientist. I started to learn serious programming skills with Python and gradually, a new world is opening up for me.
If you also want to start your path in data science, check out the links below:
- General Assembly Data Science
- The Open-Source Data Science Masters
- Computational Statistics in Python
- Udacity Data Analyst Nanodegree (General)
- Data Science at Scale Specialization (General)
- CS109 Data Science (Advanced)