- Frequentism and Bayesianism by Jake VanderPlas
- Data Science Live Book
- Deep Learning
- Machine Learning:
- A collection of minimal and clean implementations of machine learning algorithms
- Model evaluation, model selection, and algorithm selection in machine learning by Sebastian Raschka
- Rules of Machine Learning: Best Practices for ML Engineering
- Approaching (Almost) Any Machine Learning Problem
- Machine Learning is Fun
- Case Study:
- A guide to building an interactive flexdashboard
- Visualization for machine learning algorithms:
- By Chris Fonnesbeck
- Hyperparameter optimization for Neural Networks
- Kaggle ensembling guide
- All the little of visualization design
- Case Study:
Owing a lot of thanks to MOOC, I took on the challenge as a full-time MOOC Data Engineer/Analyst at the Centre for Teaching, Learning and Technology at UBC. My manager, Ido Roll, embarked on the new venture and started the project.
UBC has been hosting dozens of courses on edX, with more than 150,000 registered students. We built and maintained the data pipeline that on a daily base, transformed data in its various formats, e.g. SQL dump, JSON, XML, CSV to structured data and stored them in Google BigQuery. I generated customized data reports and performed data analysis for research purpose. A major part of my work is to streamline and automate the dashboard reporting process. Our final product is VizIT, an interactive dashboard that seeks to offer an intuitive understanding of students’ learning and provide success metrics and actionable information for the course. VizIT is quite a pioneer in this area.
Feel free to check out my Github repository for some of my work.
Dognition (https://www.dognition.com) is a company that teaches you how to build a deeper connection with your dog by giving you an unprecedented perspective on your dog’s personality and capabilities. The company has tasked us with helping them figure out what business changes they could implement to increase the number of tests users complete on their website.
Check out the screencast:
And accompanied tableau story: